David DeLuz Jr.
KIAA has 5 active and standing committees. Click on the individual links for more information about that committee.
- Health Benefits
- Government Affairs
History of KIAA
The Kanoelehua Industrial Area Association, referred to as "KIAA," is an active business association that was established in 1968. We are comprised of both small and large businesses and organizations within specific Hilo and Keaau boundaries. We were formed in an effort to curtail crime plaguing businesses in the area. Once established, our goal was to advance the commercial and community interests of our member firms. Presently, we represent approximately 350 business members employing approximately 4,500 workers.
Our Vision & Goal
KIAA is a dynamic organization that provides its member firms beneficial, vital, and innovative services. It is our goal to successfully develop world-class member firms by partnering with others while preserving and enhancing our unique way of life.
- Advocate to improve the commercial environment of its members by working with elected officials, state and county officials, and the university;
- Provide a comprehensive medical program for its members;
- Makes available safety and health courses necessary to meet OSHA and HIOSH regulations and to improve business-like operations
- Co-sponsors the KIAA/KTA Police Sub Station to curtail crime and to promote safety and communication within our membership
- Sponsor annually, since 1978, the KIAA - Larry Kono Scholarship
- Sponsor social and sporting activities to encourage member employee participation;
- Provide opportunities for representative businesses to participate in the leadership of the association;
- Update members on issues affecting business; and
- is a member of the Big Island Business Council